I’ve got a massive backlist out there, but I’m focusing mostly on my indie releases now, which a lot of my readers haven’t heard of yet. So we’re going to be putting up excerpts of the indie work I’ve done—both full length and short collections, each Wednesday, to encourage you to give my new work a try.

Today’s excerpt comes from Fury Rising.

Book Page to find buy links: https://galenorn.com/book/fury-rising/

Nobody went to the Junk Yard at night, not unless they were looking for trouble. After a couple hours of sleep, I was ready to rock. I strapped my dagger to my inner thigh so the band would look like a garter from the outside, and I ran a thin layer of makeup over my whip. It wouldn’t affect its use, and while it didn’t fully cover it, the foundation muted the brilliant colors to a low roar. The magic was still strong, but it shouldn’t attract the attention of the casual passerby. My skirt covered up both weapons to a degree, and the slits provided adequate access to them.

As I zipped up my blue leather corset and slid my feet into ankle boots that were high enough to be sexy, but chunky-heeled enough to run in, I wondered how the hell I was going to pull this off. It wasn’t like I had any clue of who I was looking for.

Suddenly feeling peevish, I thought about calling off the half-baked scheme, but stopped as I stared out over the inlet. The gods weren’t omniscient—none of them. And they weren’t omnipotent either. Nobody in this whole freaking universe had that kind of power. In some ways, the gods were like humans, like Theosians…like Weres and shifters and Fae. They were just trying to get along in the world.

Share Button
Backlist Blitz Excerpt: Fury Rising
Tagged on:             

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.