Autumn basket

It’s that time again–the seasonal basket time! This autumn, I’m giving away a fun basket o’ goodies to one winner from the USA, and a $75 gift card to one international winner.

TO ENTER (AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS OR YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN):

In a comment to this post (ONE comment–we don’t go looking through for extra information you forgot to add in, so don’t rush–make sure you include everything), I want to know:

• What scene you found the spookiest from any of my books, and why it spooked you.
  • Tell me whether you are in the USA or international.
  • Tell me whether you are 18 or over (I don’t need to know how old, just that you are over 18).

You must enter by midnight, Pacific Time, October 28th, 2020. Winner will be notified by email so make sure you enter your correct email. Winner will have one week to respond from the date of the email.

Good luck!

Share Button
Autumn Basket Contest!
Tagged on:

103 thoughts on “Autumn Basket Contest!

• 10/29/2020 at 5:24 am

I am over 18 in the USA. The spookiest or scariest for me was when Camille was kidnapped

• 10/28/2020 at 5:07 pm

I am over the age of eighteen, and live in Maine. I think the scene that spooked me the most was the scene where Emerald for the skeleton go Bridget buried under the tree. I am who would not be scared finding that in the middle of the night, in the dark, on your property?

• 10/28/2020 at 9:01 am

I’m gonna go with Emerald being attacked in Ghost of a Chance. That was my introduction to Ms Galenorn and I was hooked. I love being spooked lol. Evil ghosts that attack are scary indeed. I was thinking it was in that book or Legend of the Jade Dragon that her son was also being attacked.

I am over 18. Way over. Live in the Northwest US.

• 10/28/2020 at 6:53 am

I am over 18 and live in the US…. The spookiest scene for me was when Crawl came after Cicely when they were underground… Crawl in general creeped me out…. The description of him and what all he could see and do was devastatingly gruesome….

• 10/27/2020 at 9:26 pm

I am over 18 and live in the US.
    I would say the scenes with the ghosts and will o wisps in the basement of the burned down house in the lot next to Emerald’s house. So many spooky elements in that book.

• 10/27/2020 at 7:22 pm

I am over 18 in the USA. The spookiest or scariest for me was when Camille was kidnapped.

• 10/27/2020 at 5:59 pm

Hi,

I’m from the UK, over 18. I think for me it was when we first learnt how Menolly became a Vampire. How she fell from the cave ceiling right into the middle of things. That scared me, I haven’t read anything so far about what happened to her when she fell, but the way story is written I was right there with Menolly. I’m sure that reading on I will find other things within the series and others spooky, I look forward to reading more!

• 10/26/2020 at 8:33 pm

I’m not easily spooked , I like to try and see if I can guess and where the story going to go and I’ve gotten a lot more wrong than write, but I don’t care it’s just fun seeing if I can get into your head. I’ve done this with other authors by reading the epilogue first and guessed maybe 80-90% right.
    I do live in the US and just a little bit over 18.

• 10/26/2020 at 7:23 pm

Definitely over 18. USA!

Spookiest. Doesn’t seem like the right word. Scariest or haunting. When Menolly falling into the hands of Dredge. It’s always stuck with me and the emotions I feel reading those scenes is intense. Even after rereads.

• 10/26/2020 at 12:01 pm

I am way over 18 and live in the US.
    I am not exactly sure what you mean by spooky. Ghosts come to mind when I think of spooky. Most ghosts aren’t scary, though. They seem sad, at least all I’ve heard about. But the children ghosts that were hiding in the house and were so scared of their father… That was spooky and scary AND sad, all at the same time. It was bad enough to be abused in life, but to be abused after death was horrible.
    I think that Camille being kidnapped by Smokey’s father was another really scary thing. It was scary because it is the sort of thing that could actually happen. I got really caught up in that story, and felt so sorry for her that I cried. For a time I thought she would not get away.

• 10/26/2020 at 2:13 pm

USA, yes I’m over 18, when Camille was being held by Smokey’s father. that was really creepy.

• 10/26/2020 at 11:05 am

There are quite a few spooky/scary scenes. Camille being kidnapped by Hyto, Hobo spiders still give me shivers, and when Mr. B & U enters Kip.
    I am well over 18 and in the US.

• 10/26/2020 at 8:56 am

I am over 18 and live in the United States.

The creepiest scene was when Kerris and her friends enter Veronica’s home. The way the bones were arranged to make her throne, the description of Veronica herself, all gave me goosebumps. It was eerily perfect.

• 10/26/2020 at 8:20 am

Hi!
    I live in the U.S. and am over 18.
    I have to say that I find the Blood Oracle Crawl the creepiest and most disturbing out of all! The Indigo Court series was, to me, the darkest and spookiest series…and I LOVED it!

• 10/26/2020 at 7:48 am

My spookiest feeling from your book was when camile and the knights are fighting shadow wing. There are just alot of little spots in that whole scene where I’m screaming out loud “watch out” and getting stared at by my family.

I am international (Canada) and over 18

• 10/26/2020 at 6:50 am

My favorite spooky scene comes from the very first book of the whisper Hollow series, Autumn Thorns. It sets the tone for that book and all that follow. The rules of Whisper Hollow. I am older than 18 years. I live in Mukilteo WA.

• 10/25/2020 at 11:54 pm

I am well over 18 and I live in the USA.

I don’t know if I’d use the term spooky, more like horrifying. I think it was in Shadow Rising (It’s been a very long time since I read it.) There is some ghostly activity in a place Menolly is trying to assist with. It’s confusing and there are multiple spirits. But it turns out to be like an abusive father and his 2 children I think. And somehow he managed to chain the children’s spirits to them and continue to abuse them in death. Menolly somehow set them free though.

• 10/25/2020 at 2:37 pm

The moment that made me shudder was when the D’Artigo sisters deal with the Hobo spiders, I kept feeling like I had bugs on me and had to get out of bed and turn on the overhead light. My biggest fear is bugs and the more legs they have the more I freak!!!!

• 10/25/2020 at 1:44 pm

The most unsettling scene from any of your books (for me) was when Menolly reveals what happened to her at the hands of Dredge. The torture, humiliation, and then the horror of her trying to attack her own family afterward is heartbreaking and lingered with me. It was beyond disturbing to contemplate the many scars on her mind, heart and body… then to think that because she’s a vampire, she will carry them for hundreds (thousands?!) of years. I loved watching her grow, conquer her fears and vanquish her personal demons in spite of this.

I am well over the age of 18, and I live in the United States.

Blessings.

• 10/25/2020 at 1:41 pm

I am well over 18, live in New Zealand. I recently revisited some of Yasmine’s earlier books and there were a couple of scenes:
    1. Hexed, Ice Shards and where Iris has to fight and destroy her former love so she can break the curse move on to marry her leprechaun. Actually there are a couple of scary scenes involving all of the characters going through the forest and having to fight of the ice spiders as well.
    2. Inked, Etched in Silver – this is such a good novella, where Camille meets Trillian and gets dragged in to the astral by Roche and has to find her way out before he rapes and kills her.

I could go on, Yasmine writes good scary scenes in all of her books even in her Bath and Body series.

• 10/25/2020 at 1:20 pm

I love the D’artigo Sisters series. To me the spookiest was when Camille was kidnapped and tortured by Hyto. That has long been a fear of mine and I was afraid that she would not be able to recover or go back to Smokey because of the similarites between the two in appearence
    I am over 18 and live in the USA.

• 10/25/2020 at 10:40 am

In the book THE SILVER MIST, I was afraid that Angel would not make it after the credit union bombing.
    This is the first book I read but since have enjoyed the rest of that series. There were scary scenes in all of the books.
    I am over 18 years old and live in the USA

• 10/25/2020 at 1:15 pm

Hi Yasmine,
      I have 2 actually, one when Camille was kidnapped by Hyto and faced devastating abuse and the other being the 2nd when Ember was pulled by horny mermen-like creatures ands also almost got abused it scared me but I also was relieved when she escaped the possible horror… As a victim myself these tend to disturb me the most!
      Also I’m 39 and from Canada

• 10/25/2020 at 5:32 pm

The past that spooked me was definitely when the D’Artigo sisters had to deal with the hobo spiders. Spiders terrify me. Also when Camille was kidnapped and tortured by Hyto. As a victim of something terrible such as this, it bothered me a lot to read. I was so worried about how she would overcome the situation. I’m so happy that her and Smokey were able to heal after that torture she dealt with. I am over 18 and live in the USA.

• 10/25/2020 at 9:17 am

The whole Witching Moon book was scary. The description of the Lykren was so dark and threatening. When Ember, Raven and Victor went into the basement the first time and it squeezed through a tiny crack to get Ember, I thought she was done. The extent of her injuries looked really bad for her. I was happy when Phasmoria came with them the second time and took care of it’s banishment.

I live in NYC and am way over 18 lol.

• 10/25/2020 at 2:08 pm

Merry meet and brightest blessings,
      I am over 18 and live in the USA. One of the spookiest scenes for me is when Fury had to place a bomb through one of the doors of the tree of life. She had no idea what was on the other side and ended up having to leave a very good friend on the other side.

• 10/25/2020 at 9:06 am

I live in the USA and I’m well over 18.

I think the scene that gave me a jump was when Maudlin ( Bewitching Bedlam) first moved into her house. She thought she was the only person living there and then “out of the blue” pops Aegis. He had his hideyhole so well hidden that Maudlin hadn’t found him.

• 10/25/2020 at 8:36 am

I am over 18 and I live in the USA. I think one of the scariest sceens was when the D’Artigo sister fought the Hobo spider’s. I am scared to death of spider’s so after reading that I felt spider’s on me for a few days.

• 10/25/2020 at 8:14 am

I am well over 18 (70 to be exact) 😉 I think I was spooked by when Pandora grabbed Raven. I am in the U.S.

• 10/25/2020 at 7:26 am

I am over 18 and live in the US. I think the scariest scene for me is where Pandora kidnaps and tortures Raven.

• 10/25/2020 at 7:03 am

It is a toss up for me, there are 2. The first one is where the D’Artigo sisters face and fight the Hobo spiders, I kept feeling like I had spiders crawling all over me. And the second was when Raven was kidnapped by Pandora and tortured. That scene made me extremely mad and upset that she went through that and I’m hoping Raven gets her revenge. I’m way over 18 and I live in the United States.

• 10/25/2020 at 5:48 am

The spookiest scene to me is the scene when Cicely first confronts Myst of the Indigo Court series. I think Myst is one of the scariest ever.

• 10/25/2020 at 5:27 am

When Camille was kidnapped by Hyto and Raven was kidnapped by Pandora. Both spooked me because the women are strong, but were broken by some a**hole.

I’m way over 18 & live in the USA.

• 10/25/2020 at 3:25 am

Over 18 and in the U.S.

Autumn Thorns has some really spooky scenes but what stands out to me is when Kerris sees the specters of her parents. It is spooky because she is seeing people she loved but at a different time in their lives and finding out what really happened to them and being powerless to help or change what has happened. It is spooky and creepy because of the vibe of it but also because it shows how powerless we all are.

• 10/25/2020 at 9:19 pm

I’m over 18 and in the USA. I don’t typically get scared or spooked by places because I love them actually. But I can see how anyone could be spooked by the Whisper Hollows series. Having Penelope and Veronica in the area is a bit spooky enough, but where they actually live and reside are even spookier still.

• 10/25/2020 at 2:08 am

I’ve read a lot of books in my over 18 years here in the USA, and by far the spookiest scene was resetting the heart stone for Bedlam…. the already injured and self-knowingly weakness, the night, and the terror of the old love turned monster. Love you writing and enjoy all your series

• 10/25/2020 at 1:35 am

I can not honestly say that I found any of the scenes spooky – however, this description from Autumn Thorns (Whisper Hollow 1) location 81 sounded spooky : – of women born to drive the wandering ghosts back into their graves, to stand between the dead and the living as protectors. The Morrigan’s daughters, known as spirit shamans, are charged with these duties.
    I am work for DoDea (department of defense education) and my husband is DOD (department of defense). We are currently in Eltville Germany – so physically international.
    Definitely over 18

• 10/25/2020 at 12:03 am

Hello Yasmine,
    I can barely remember 18 & live in the USA. For me the scariest scene in all your books is when Persia’s flowers were poisoned. I believe we are the caretakers of the earth & all that is around us. To do something like that puts a stain or pall on the land that won’t go away. Thanks for your wonderful work & Happy Halloween!

• 10/25/2020 at 12:38 am

I think the spookiest scene in your books would have to be the destruction of Otherworld with the storms made by sorcerers. I’m way over 18 and live in Alaska, which although a US state, many foreign countries clarify it as overseas.

• 10/24/2020 at 11:41 pm

I am over 18 and in the US, the spookiest scene for me was in the Whisper Hollow series when Kerris gets attacked by the shadow man. Just the thought of being attacked by something unsubstantial that can hurt you but you can’t fight back is very frightening!

• 10/24/2020 at 9:35 pm

I am over 18 and in the US. Any of the scenes with Crawl. I dont know why he freaks me out as bad as he does but ick!!! When Cicely meets him for the first time i KNEW he was going to give me nightmares. Lol there was just something dark and nasty about him. He gives me the heebie jeebies.

• 10/24/2020 at 9:31 pm

The Autumn Thorne series The first Time Ella is playing for the dead have really spooked me out but not in a bad way. I can almost hear the music in my mind as she played. Sorrowful sweet sad happy all the same time. I am over 18 in the USA.

• 10/24/2020 at 8:36 pm

I am 18+ and in the USA
    I have to say the scene that spooked me the most was in Blood Wyne when we learn that the little girl that Terrance was holding hostage was in fact a vampire and had endure so much from him through the years including rape and being sodomized. The pain she must have endured was very haunting to me. I was having to re live it again as I had with Menolly in the series earlier on.

I also have to say that the Autumn Thorns series has a very creepy vibe to it as well. The lady of the lake hounts me in my dreams and I swear I have seen the crows.

• 10/24/2020 at 8:31 pm

Witching Time scared me the most. When Raven entered the corn maze and the whole feel of this book scared me. I tend to read at night before bed with all the lights out. I kept felling like someone was watching me read. It absolutely terrified me more. I had to put it down a few times lol

I am in the USA and over 18

• 10/24/2020 at 8:22 pm

From Night Myst the beginning when Myst rose from her death bed with her captors watching in fear feeling and smelling from her soul, death and madness radiating from her moving like creepy spiders born from blood from the dead. I had to read more to find out more it was so Goth and creepy it just drew me into the book even before I started to read it!!

• 10/24/2020 at 8:22 pm

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by spooky, but I’ll make a guess. In _The Phantom Queen_, Trecht tells Kerris why he came back. I find that story very disturbing. Something about the combination of devotion and- not lawlessness, but something akin, disturbs me and makes me fear for Kerris and her friends when interacting with the two of them.

I’m in the USA and over 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 8:03 pm

I think I was most spooked when Raven relives some of the torture she endured at Pandora’s hands in Witching Moon. Not just the awful things that were done but the fact that this was triggered by another scary encounter. Being made helpless again by her own fear was terrible.
    I live in the US and am over 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 7:49 pm

Oak & Thorns (The Wild Hunt Book 2)….when Ember is caught in the brambles and the bit before with the ivy. The mist, the thorns, the ivy, the helplessness. I could feel the spookiness while reading it! You didn’t know where the ivy or brambles was going to go. She couldn’t escape it. Thank goodness Herne was there!
    I live in the USA and I am well over 18. Lol!

• 10/24/2020 at 7:44 pm

I am over 18 and in the US.

In Chintz n’ China, when they got back to Anna’s cabin and found that her creepy stalker has been in her place and they could feel the perverse energy all over. That creeped me out so much, knowing someone that obsessed had been through your things doing who knows what.

• 10/24/2020 at 7:29 pm

I live in the US, & am over 18. The spookiest scene for me was from Autumn Thorns. When Kerris found her mother’s jacket with the blood stain on it, then she saw her mother’s spirit reacting to the trauma that happened to her. Finding out for certain that her mother was murdered was both spooky & heartbreaking.

• 10/24/2020 at 7:19 pm

In Shadow Silence, when the Lady of the Lake is coming after Peggin, I just could see her in my minds eye and she felt almost real. Creeped me right out, the relentlessness and the fear instilled by her.
    I am International and over 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 7:19 pm

I actually thought your short story Rapunzel Dreaming was spooky. The part with James in the basement.

Off course the other one that comes to mind is Peggin being lured into the lake by the Lady and pretty much any scene at Peggin’s house.

I live in the US and am over 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:53 pm

as with many before me, the most frightening, spooky, and haunting scene was Camille’s torture by Hyto. I have always loved the sass and undaunted spirit of Camille. She’s secure in her curves and proud of her sexuality . To have her brought so low, debased in body and spirit was just the most disturbing scene, painful to read and inescapable. It reminds all of us ,that we are vulnerable as human beings and even more so as women. Camille is my hero, my favorite sister, (of course, her having 3 husbands and Many Admirers doesn’t hurt either). I love her fierceness and strength and her loyalty to her family.

I am well over 18 and I live in the USA.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:51 pm

The spookiest scene in a book is when one of the ancients who the girls give fresh meat collected all the souls as her personal play things. Love all the books though they are the best!

over 18 in the USA

• 10/24/2020 at 6:40 pm

OH RATS! I stand no chance of winning the goodies! So far, with my limited budget, I’ve only read the Chintz n China series, and rather than “spooky,” I found them utterly fascinating, tremendous fun, and filled with characters I’d love to have live next door to me! For most people, though, the scene where the pen writes the message about murder would be plenty spooky! I, however, live with three ghosts…two cats, on human, and not much throws me!

So, I won’t be holding my breath on this one, but will send my best wishes AND best witches to whomever does win!

• 10/24/2020 at 6:39 pm

I have enjoyed spooky moments in every book, my favorite is when the sisters are protecting the house from the unknown force

I live in United States and my 18th birthday was over a quarter century ago.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:33 pm

I don’t have a spooky moment but there’s moments in each of the Otherworld series when one of the D’Artigo Sisters makes me hold my breath and wonder what will happen. I’m in the US. I am over the age of 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:32 pm

As much as I hate spiiii…uh-hem…spide…uhh…eight-legged crawlies (and I really hate them), Camille getting kidnapped by Hyto was heart-wrenching. Also reading how Menolly was turned…so sad and scary.
    I’m over 18 and in the US.
    Thanks for the chance.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:31 pm

I would have to say the spookiest part of one of your books for me kinda goes against normal standards of spooky. For me it was all the way back in Courting Darkness, when Camille was snatched and kept by Hyto. The description you provide of how Hyto breaks her body, her spirit, and then how she is constantly haunted by it for so long. To me this is spooky in such a real sense, that this happens in so many different situations. That it was so real, I felt the loss of oxygen due to the altitude, the howling and bone chilling winds, mix with the spirits that taunt her. Her weakened state due to the insanity and vicious veracity of Hyto, his brutality physically, the beatings, exposed skin, her sexual torture.; almost nothing compared to the damage done to her spirit, her power, independence. The separation and isolation she felt. And on top of all that, her fear and concern that she not only failed, but failed her family. That she’s never return, or if she tries, the challenges she faces. To me… that is spookier than anything. To be faced with a monster that should be family, someone powerful but malicious. Having suffered from someone not with my best interest at heart this story struck me.

I am from the United States and I am over the age of 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:27 pm

I’m in the US and way over 18. Two things come to mind when I think of things spooking me in your books. First, Raven getting kidnapped by Pandora – the trauma of the scenes and how it impacted her as a character. Also, when Viktor was dragged to the land of the dead, because I thought he might get killed off just as he was finding happiness.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:19 pm

Yes i’m over 18, live in USA. Not so much spooky but made me hold my breath was the first Wild Hunt book when DJ was missing in the beginning. Kid thing always make me nervous. Especially because when I read what the book was about and you said that she was racing against the clock and then discovered what happened to him, I pictured the worst.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:18 pm

I think that Peggin being lured out of the house by the Lady of the Lake was the spookiest for me. To be out of control near water is terrifying.

I’m in the US and over 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:17 pm

When Camille was kidnapped by Smokys dad. I was on the edge of my seat.
    I’m over 18 and in the USA

• 10/24/2020 at 6:14 pm

From Shadow Rising in Abby and Fritz’ house…basically the whole house. But specifically when blood started running down the walls. Camille and Morio and trying to dispel the spirit and a screwdriver comes flying through the air aimed at Camilles heart…
    I’m over 18 and in the US.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:02 pm

When Smokey’s Dad kidnapped Camille. It scared me that such a strong women could be so scared. I was just horrified. I am over 18 & in the US.

• 10/24/2020 at 5:59 pm

I would have to agree the parts where you are being held against your will and being tortured bothers me. Not so sure as spooky. Raven with pandora and Camille and hyto.
    I am over 18 and I live in Canada

• 10/24/2020 at 5:52 pm

I am over 18 and am international (Canada).
    I was spooked by them finding the room in the old house foundation next door in A Harvest of Bones. It was sad and spooky both at once, and I was worried too about her getting her cat back from beyond. My past cat looked like hers, and it reminded me of losing Derby.

• 10/24/2020 at 5:40 pm

The scene that spooked me was when Raven was getting tortured, she is such a strong female character. I didn’t think anyone could touch her.
    I am in the USA and am well over 18.

• 10/24/2020 at 5:34 pm

I am over 18
    Live in the USA
    Most creepy was when Camille was captured by smokeys dad…the brutality was a chilling read!

• 10/24/2020 at 4:58 pm

The creepiest scenes I think where in the Whisper Hollow series, I believe in Shadow Silence. Peggin buys an abandoned house, and the Lady of the Lake is out to get her. Yikes!

• 10/23/2020 at 8:08 pm

Over 18 and USA resident.
    When Raven was kidnapped from Pandora. It wasn’t just the scene of Raven being beaten and tortured, it was the helplessness of the situation as they tried to find an out. The entire scene read brilliantly and really conveyed the terrifying situation. Also, Pandora is a scary b****.

• 10/24/2020 at 6:18 am

I’m over 18 and in the USA. For me the spookiest scene was in Autumn Thorns of the Whisper Hollow series when Kerris walked up to find the Shadow Man in the room. Most people don’t realize that Shadow Men/People are very real and very dangerous. They can hurt you. It was scary having something so real out to hurt the main character. Gave me goosebumps.

• 10/23/2020 at 10:52 am

I am 57 years old and from the US.

The creepiest scene was from Shadow Silence (Whisper Hollow).
    As Kerry’s Fellwater takes Hudson to Penelope’s tomb. I could actually see the nails jutting from her body and feel her presence. Then as Ellia played her song I was transported there feeling the music flow and the tears fall.

• 10/23/2020 at 10:34 am

I guess for me the spookiest scene was in the Wild Hunt series and Ember got pulled into the water by the Merman. I am not a good swimmer and the idea of being underwater terrifies me.
    USA and definitely over 18

• 10/24/2020 at 6:01 pm

I’m 34 in the US. The creepiest scene that gets me every time is from Shadow Rising (OW). When Camille and Delilah were lost and going through the ruins if Elquaneve after the mystical sentient cloud that Telazhar used to destroy the city. How they felt when they were walking through the city and seeing all the destruction and then finding out about Queen Asteria.

• 10/23/2020 at 8:01 am

I’m well over 18 ( 51) , and live in the USA.
    For me , the creepiest scene is from the OW books, when Camille was captured by Smoky’s dad Hyto, and tortured and violated.
    To be in a situation such as that is , knowing you will most likely die, is scarier to me than any monster popping up.
    Hyto was a sociopath.
    There is no forgetting things like that ~ they leave scars forever, no matter how strong you are.

• 10/23/2020 at 4:53 am

Spookiest was when Emerald was attacked by the evil ghost in Ghost of a Chance. I always wonder if ghosts could be real and just thinking of a violent ghost gives me the shivers. I’m from the US and over 18 years old

• 10/23/2020 at 2:22 am

I am over 18 and live in the US. I think the spookiest thing for me was when you were describing what was done to torture and turn Menolly. It gave me nightmares just reading about it. It spooked me because it felt a little to close to what could happen in reality.

• 10/23/2020 at 4:58 am

I am over 18, i live in the usa, when the sentient storm raged in otherworld domolishing everything and killing the queen of the elves!

• 10/23/2020 at 1:52 am

I’m over 18 and I live in the US . Whisper Hollow, when Kerris first encounter the shadow people. Brought back memories of my first time ever seeing one. I had to turn on my lights the room.

• 10/23/2020 at 1:40 am

I am over 18
    I am from Germany

when camille was kidnappt by smokys dad

• 10/22/2020 at 11:55 pm

I am over 18, from the US. The scene i found to be the spookiest was in Iron Bones, Wild Hunt Series, when Ember was taken over by the kelpie at Hidden Lake. It creeper me out because losing control of myself to a malevolent being is probably one of the scariest things I can think of. To imagine the guilt she’d have felt had Yutani been injured is unbearable.

• 10/22/2020 at 9:44 pm

The creepiest scene in the Ante Fae book with Raven is the possessed creepy freaking doll! Literally had me dreaming creepy shit about baby dolls for DAYS! It makes me feel blessed to be a boy mom with NO baby dolls in my house. Had me flashing back to the porcelain dolls my brother would buy me and my twin growing up and the twilight zone with the creepy barbies and/or chucky.
    I live in the US and am 25 yrs old ☺

• 10/22/2020 at 9:43 pm

The scene that freaked me out was when Ember and Raven were fighting those spiders! I have an intense frea of spiders! I am over 18 and live the the US.

• 10/22/2020 at 7:54 pm

My scariest scene was from Changeling. It was the scene where Iris go outside and find the huge web on the back porch with the dead tomcat that Delilah knew. It felt so creepy and I could understand them looking around for any unseen threat from spiders unseen.

I know spiders are helpful but they creep me out. There many eyes staring and crawling on you when you least expect it.

• 10/23/2020 at 1:28 am

I am over 18 and I live in Texas (USA)

I think probably when Camille was kidnapped by Smokey’s father….I sat at the end of my seat hoping she was going to make it through with her sanity…and able to still give love to her men

• 10/23/2020 at 2:14 am

Hiya, I am International and over 18.

My scariest scene was from the Indigo Court series. It was when Cicley thought she was getting help from Anadey but ended up being betryed by her by trying to cut her tie with Grieve. It wasn’t anything physical but to me worse as it was mental. Cicley thought she could trust Anadey and she betrayed her in the worst way, by letting her be vulnerable and then taking advantage of that. It was how out of control Cicley would have felt and how she had to doubt loved ones after that.

• 10/24/2020 at 4:56 pm

I am over 18 and live in the U.S. I was the most freaked out by Camille being tortured by Smokey’s father. That level of brutality is just scary.

• 10/22/2020 at 7:15 pm

I am over 18 and live in the U.S.A. There are so many to choose from. The spookiest one I can think of is when Camille was kidnapped and tortured by Smokies dad. That one kept my heart racing for a while. It spooks me because it’s something that actually happens in the real world. Minus the dragons of course. I was on the edge of my seat, waiting to see how it would work out.

• 10/22/2020 at 6:50 pm

I’m over 18 and live in the US. I think the spookiest scene is in the Otherworld series when the D’Artigo sisters are facing the clan of hobo spiders. The spider people just seemed so malevolent and spiders and so tiny that they could be anywhere.

• 10/22/2020 at 6:19 pm

I am over 18 and live in the US. The Whisper Hollow scenes with the shadow people were scariest to me because I believe things like that exist. I mostly read in bed and kept looking around to make sure nothing was in the shadows.

• 10/22/2020 at 9:35 pm

Hands down, the spookiest scene I have read has been the first description of the Queen of the Indigo Court. For some reason, when I read that beings have eyes so terrifying as those, my imagination goes into overdrive and I am simultaneously terrified and enthralled. This villain is my favorite/most hated, and she is the most terrifyingly beautiful creature I’ve ever read, but that first initial scene when Cicely sees Myst for the first time in Night Myst definitely made my heart drop.

I am over 18, and reside in the U.S.

• 10/22/2020 at 6:04 pm

In the US and over 18. Okay so my scene is from Bubbas story. What spooked me out the most was this tiny little Bubba all by himself switching worlds and you didn’t know where he would end up…monsters are monsters n there will always be things that creep me out but the idea of an animal all alone like that scares me most.

• 10/22/2020 at 5:27 pm

For me it will be when the sisters were going after that clam of werespiders. They were described so well that picturing it creeped me out. I just can’t remember the title of the book.
    I am in the US and I am over 18

• 10/22/2020 at 5:20 pm

In the Wild Hunt Series when Ember got pulled under water by the merman creature that was trying to mate with her. Scary because she was already tired from her adventure and was by herself. Yes, I’m in the U.S. Yes, I’m way over 18.

• 10/22/2020 at 5:19 pm

I am over 18 and live in the USA. I really was spooked over the scene where Cicely in the Indigo Court series goes up against Myst or the first time in the first book and how nasty she is as she continues on her quest for world domination.

• 10/22/2020 at 5:08 pm

Yes i am over 18 and live in the USA. To me one of the scary area in a series is from the Wild hunt series, When Raven is kidnapped and tortured by Pandora and the white dragon’s. The unknown of will she survive and be able to do her magic.

• 10/22/2020 at 4:42 pm

I live in the USA and I’m over 18.
    My spookiest scene was definitely from otherworld when they were dealing with that cult led by Harold, the Vito-Mortis slime and the karsetii demon for sure.

• 10/25/2020 at 1:13 pm

Hi Yasmine,
      I have 2 actually, one when Camille was kidnapped by Hyto and faced devastating abuse and the other being the 2nd when Ember was pulled by horny mermen-like creatures ands also almost got abused it scared me but I also was relieved when she escaped the possible horror… As a victim myself these tend to disturb me the most!
      Also I’m 39 and from Canada

• 10/22/2020 at 3:45 pm

Hi Yasmine! I love this time of the year! Let’s see the spookiest scene that really stands out is the one from the Otherworld series where they are entering the cave and there are spiders along with the evil – I don’t like spiders! I live in the USA and I am definitely over 18 unfortunately by alot (lol)! Happy Samhain or Halloween!

• 10/22/2020 at 5:46 pm

In the wild hunt when raven was kidnapped by pandora. She was being tortured and left alone in the dark. She thought no one would ever be able to find her. That hopelessness and fear is the scariest thing to experience as a reader because you feel like your right there with her. Yes I’m over 18 and I live in usa.

• 10/25/2020 at 4:59 pm

Hi Yasmine,
      I live in the US and am over 18. I have 2 different scenes that were spooky. The first is when Camille was kidnapped by Hyto. She endured so much torture at his hands. The other was when Menolly reveals the details of what Dredge did to her. Her scars, both physical and mental, run deep. Both of these women are so strong!

• 10/26/2020 at 5:27 pm

I am over 18. I live in the US and I would have to say that it was Camille’s kidnapping that spooked me. Kidnappings have always scared me. I cannot imagine what it would be like on an emotional, physical, or mental level. It gives me the heebies thinking about it.

Comments are closed.