Krampus

A central European holiday, thought to come down from pagan times, the Krampus festival is a celebration of Krampus, who punishes children who are naughty. There are some wonderful vids on the net focusing on various Krampus festivals, like the following!

Today, I’m giving away a Krampus ornament to one winner.

• You must be in the US and 18 years of age or older.
  • Tell me why you’d like a Krampus ornament!
  • Enter by midnight, December 11, 2020, Pacific time.
Share Button
Blogmas: Krampus Festival (Giveaway)
Tagged on:         

10 thoughts on “Blogmas: Krampus Festival (Giveaway)

• 12/10/2020 at 1:44 pm

Over 18 and USA resident.
    As to why I would want one, I mean truly who wouldn’t! It is a fascinating holiday practice and something I wish we did here in the USA. A creature who abducts bad children would be a great practice instead of the coal ideal that we have for when children are bad.

• 12/10/2020 at 1:06 pm

US and over 18. Have a 4 month old and I think Krampus is just as important as the Santa Claus tradition with that being said I’d like to start teaching her both as she gets old enough to understand. It would be cool to have an ornament to mark her first Christmas with Krampus n Claus

• 12/09/2020 at 7:37 pm

I live in the U.S. and am well over 18. I would like to have a Krampus ornament for my tree because my cat keeps trying to play with the ornaments. If she saw Krampus, she would remember to be a good cat and mind her manners.

• 12/09/2020 at 4:01 pm

I live in the US and am over 18.

I first heard of Krampus while living overseas in Germany. He was fascinating, as he was the polar opposite of St. Nick.

Later, one of my favorite TV series was Grimm, and one of my favorite of the shows they did dealt with Krampus.

Really, who wouldn’t want a character dedicated to punishing the wicked!!

Having this ornament would tickle my grandson, who is 12 and therefore into all things odd!

• 12/09/2020 at 2:36 pm

I’m over 18 and live in the US.
    I’ve grown up with my great grandpa telling me, my brother, and sister stories and warnings about Krampus. I swear I had nightmares for weeks!
    I’ve always been intrigued by Krampus, as he’s the polar opposite of Santa.
    Did it encourage me to be good? Hehehe… Grin.
    I would love to add a Krampus ornament to my collection of eclectic ornaments.
    Thanks and Blessings for the chance to enter!

• 12/09/2020 at 1:08 pm

I’m over 18 & live in the US. I deserve the Krampus ornament because I’m on Santa’s Naughty List, and I regret NOTHING!

• 12/09/2020 at 11:36 am

My kids and I all enjoy a good Krampus story. We find short stories to listen to on YouTube. And speaking of shows with a Krampus episode… Grimm has a good one where the spirit of Krampus possesses a human each year. The human has no idea what’s going on, so each night he goes out and collects bad children. They’re hung from trees in Santa sacks until the last night, of which he consumes them. Our tree is decorated in ornaments that represent all kinds of things our family enjoys. Krampus would make a great addition.

• 12/09/2020 at 9:04 am

Hi! I love all things supernatural. I have been binge watching Supernatural, the TV show, and on one episode, they had a couple of krampuses who where like 1950s picture perfect Christmas lovers. They would eat the people. It was an interesting interpretation of the lore. I would love a krampus ornament to represent my love for Galenorn’s ability to bring the supernatural to life for me.

• 12/09/2020 at 11:24 am

That was a great episode. I really enjoyed the Krampus interpretation as well.

• 12/09/2020 at 1:43 pm

I’m over 18 and live in the US.
        Krampus often gets overlooked here in the states and I think that’s so unfair! I would much rather have a Krampus on the shelf than that dumb Elf. Plus he is very steeped in history, mythology, movies/TV, and stories handed down thrift families. I always share anything I find about Krampus. One of the coffee shops in my hometown is selling Krampus shirts and I bought two!

Comments are closed.