Today’s excerpt comes from A Shadow of Crows.

A Shadow of Crows

Series Page link: The Wild Hunt

Book Page for Buy links: A Shadow of Crows

Herne returned shortly before we were to meet the new client.

“Damn it, I was hoping to call a meeting now, but…we’ll just have to wait to talk about what my father said until tomorrow morning.” He glowered at the Angel.

She plastered on a smile so fake I knew she had to be picking up on his moods. “Would you like me to reschedule her appointment?”

“Now? When she’s due here in ten minutes? I don’t think so,” Herne barked so loud that Angel flinched. He paused, then let out a long sigh. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bite your head off. I just got my ass handed to me on a platter by my father and I’m not exactly happy about it, but that’s no reason for me to take it out on you.”

Angel nodded, accepting his apology. “I’ll buzz you when she gets here.”

Herne motioned to me. “Ember, I want you to sit in, as usual. Yutani, go tell Talia what happened and start researching to see if you can find any clue where Callan disappeared to. My father confirms he’s in this world, though he can’t pinpoint where he is. Viktor, see to the weapons. Make certain everything is polished and ready to go.” He turned back to Angel. “For now, take names and numbers if any other new clients call, and I’ll see what our caseload looks like. With what happened today, we may be up to our ears trying to mop up this goddamn mess.” He headed into his office.

Angel and I exchanged glances and she mouthed, “Wow, he’s upset.”

I nodded, whispering, “Yeah, and mostly at himself,” before following Herne into his office.

Share Button
Excerpt: A Shadow of Crows

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.