Today’s excerpt comes from Iron Bones.

Iron Bones

Series Page link: The Wild Hunt

Book Page for Buy links: Iron Bones

I glanced around the room. I really wanted to get a good start on fixing up the house. Who knew how long it would take to get the medium out here?

“Let’s try to get some painting done tonight. But if you have to use the bathroom, maybe use the one next to Angel’s room?” I grinned. “Or take a buddy who doesn’t mind standing there while you pee.”

Viktor laughed. “I’m not sure I consider any of you good enough friends for that, but what the hell. Let’s get this room painted, at least. Did you want the ceiling the same color as the rest of the room?”

I shook my head. “The wall with the window is going to be the forest green. I want the rest of the walls to be lilac, along with the ceiling. The bathroom will be lilac, too.”

“Okay, tape off the one wall and we’ll get started.” Viktor motioned to Yutani.

“Dude, my arm’s beginning to hurt,” Yutani said, bowing out of the process. He had broken his arm when we were on a case up on Whidbey Island, and the cast had just recently been removed. He wasn’t back to his full range of motion yet, but he was working on it daily.

Talia rejoined us. “I’ll help. Kamaria said she can come over Thursday evening to check out the house. She’ll meet us here at seven.” She pocketed her phone and helped Viktor finish off the taping, then picked up one of the paint rollers. Herne insisted that Yutani and I rest while the rest of them made quick work of the first coat of lilac in both the bedroom and bath.

Yutani was rubbing his arm.

“Does it still hurt?”

He shrugged. “Only when I overdo. Doctor wants me to ease back into physical activity.”

“Take off your shirt and turn around.”

Share Button
Excerpt: Iron Bones
Tagged on:         

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.