RECIPE CORNER

So, it’s hard during this season when you have allergies (especially for kids) to see all the goodies and not feel like you have any treats. I’ve developed a couple gluten/dairy free recipes that are really good, but easy to make because they use mixes.

Oooey-Gooey Brownies

1 pkg King Arthur’s Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
1 cup oil (more than it says on the package)
1 cup water (less than it says on the package)
3 eggs (less than it says on the package)
1 10-oz package Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips

Beat cake mix with oil, water, and eggs till mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into 9″ x 13″ greased (I use cooking spray) pan.
Bake 28–32 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven, till toothpick comes out just slightly moist. You do not want to over-bake.
Let cool and cut into brownie-sized pieces. You can frost these, but they don’t need it with the extra chocolate.
If you are not allergic to nuts, you can add 1/2–3/4 cup chopped walnuts to the mix.

Easy-Ice-Cream Sandwiches

1 pint Luna & Larry’s Vanilla or Chocolate or Salted Caramel-Chocolate Coconut Bliss Dairy Free Ice Cream
1 package Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (or Crunchy Double Chocolate Cookies)

Using small ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream onto bottom of one cookie and top with another.
Each package of cookies will make 6-7 ice cream sandwiches.
(You can use a soy or rice-based ice cream if you can’t have coconut)

These are YUMMY.

Share Button
Recipe Corner: Easy Ooey-Gooey GF Brownies
Tagged on:                                 

4 thoughts on “Recipe Corner: Easy Ooey-Gooey GF Brownies

• 10/13/2018 at 12:44 am

I look forward to these recipes. Thanks YasmineI am allergic to dairy & gluten (suffer from coeliac disease ) it’s great to know my favorite author understandso food allergies. You are awesome

• 10/14/2018 at 1:38 pm

Oh, I get it all too well. I do understand, given my own allergies and the Histamine Intolerance.

• 10/12/2018 at 9:43 pm

I want these and I’m not allergic to anything but morphine and penicillin!

• 10/12/2018 at 8:23 am

Oh my! I want one now .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.