Monday Musings

So, we are coming close to Samhain, we are nearing a new moon, we are moving into a Mercury retrograde period, and all of this will be in the sign of Scorpio. In other words: we’re headed for a very powerful lifting of the veils this year, and expect psychic activity to ramp up like crazy. I’ve already felt it happening and so have my friends.

What does this mean? Well, for one thing, as I said, spirit activity will be ramping up. The veils will be thinner than usual this year, so don’t be surprised to find a lot more going on in your dreams as well as your waking life and your rituals. Another point I might add is: with the veils thinning so drastically, I would recommend strengthening your wards against negative energies because not only can spirits visit more easily during this time, but a thinner veil between the worlds means it’s easier for other astral entities (ones who’ve never been human) to peek out from the astral realm. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but there are some nasty astral creatures as well as some nice/neutral ones, and they delight on wreaking havoc.

For your Samhain ritual, I suggest that you definitely cast a Circle if you don’t normally, to keep unwanted visitors out. It’s one thing if beloved Aunt Martha drops in for a visit from the other side, but we may not want angry Uncle Frank storming in to cause mayhem—or worse.

I also recommend, since Mercury goes retrograde ON Samhain, to be sure that you’re not trusting messages you get from ‘beyond’ without that proverbial grain of salt, because communications commonly get garbled during Merc retro, and you don’t want to be basing big decisions on messed up communications.

This goes for mundane life, as well. Merc retro is famous for causing misunderstandings, so make sure you choose your words clearly, and ask for clarification if you need it, and if you can avoid signing any contracts or making any big purchases at this time, do so. If you can’t avoid it, read all contracts thoroughly—twice over—and ask about anything you don’t understand.

Mercury retrograde also messes up electronics and appliances (we have to replace our washer because it’s on its last legs and I swear, the minute MR hits, it’s going to die. So we’re replacing it before then). Back up your work on your computer, auto-save every minute, and don’t rely on “I think I did this…” for important tasks. Check and double check.

Mercury retrograde will lift on November 20th, but we’ll still be in its shadow for a couple weeks after that, so it’s best to focus on the positive during this time. Given Scorpio’s moody nature, and the shadows that always come with the veils thinning, it’s healthiest to focus on what’s going right rather than what’s going wrong.

So, there are some words of wisdom for the next month.

Share Button
Samhain’s Coming in With Mercury Retrograde On Its Heels
Tagged on:                                         

3 thoughts on “Samhain’s Coming in With Mercury Retrograde On Its Heels

• 10/21/2019 at 6:56 pm

Everything is going “kablooey” in my life already. I’ll be lucky just to make it to next month.

• 10/21/2019 at 8:53 am

It’s affecting me already. I have a hard time getting to sleep as it is and lately have been feeling spirit around way more than normal. To the point where I have to put up the “Do Not Disturb” sign. The Hubby and I always have ceremony, along with friends, on Samhain, but we will be much more careful with our circle.

• 10/21/2019 at 8:17 am

I don’t usually pay really close attention to celestial body positions but this year has already been weird so I have started at least listening to those who do. And yes, I agree the veils have already started thinning this year and they are going to be really thin at the end of the month. With me working so much this year, I had to cast the the extra protections on the first of the month and strengthen the usual ones. Since I am very open to the otherside, I don’t want to be blindsided. I’m also thinking winter is going to be very harsh this year as well. So be safe! Blessed Samhain, everyone! Enjoy the season and be merry no matter what’s going on.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.