You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Wild Hunt- born from the ashes of Fly By Night?

I've been thinking about this for quite some time, but haven't been able to figure out the best way to put it.

The thought came when I was giving my friend a tour of Ms. Galenorn's work, specifically talking about the Wild Hunt series.  I happened to be rereading the first Fly By Night book at the time, and noticed a lot of similarities between Wild Hunt and Fly By Night.

My thought process, and a resulting question, goes something like this:

FBN retired, but there were so many good stories still to tell, and so much promise in the series that it was ressurected or reborn as the Wild Hunt series.

Similarities I noticed: the obvious, a detective agency staffed by people that aren't necessarily entirely human; then certain qualities in some characters that I don't quite know how to put into words.

I'm left wondering if this ressurection/rebirth was intentional, or of I'm jumping at shadows and seeing things that really aren't there.

Well, let me put it this way.

1: I do really like the detective agency theme. So that may have been an influence. But I also know this theme works well for books and it's one I'm very familiar with. Since I knew that I wouldn't be writing any more FBN books, I felt it was a good one that I wasn't currently doing.

2: I always write more non-human than human characters. And I am very much influenced by the Buffy trope--the group of misfits who come together to form their own family. I LOVE the concept of family of choice, and it's a big theme in my own life, as well as my writing.

So, not, this isn't really FBN reborn, because I do have *bigger* story arcs in the Wild Hunt, and I didn't/wasn't going to in FBN. But there will be similarities to it, and to OW, because this is the genre I'm strongest in and love to write. Also, I felt this was the chance to take all the mistakes that I made in OW and FBN, and even the one Lily Bound book--the mistakes in terms of for me--as a writer, not mistakes my readers would see--and rectify them.

In a sense, the Wild Hunt has had more thought and planning invested into it before I even started writing the first book, than any of my other series.

So a little influence, yes, but overall, just mostly because I like that theme and format, and with the Wild Hunt, I have the freedom to do it the way *I* want without ANY publisher interference.

That's so cool.

Thank you for sharing your talents with the world.

You're an inspiration.