Winter Contest

I’m giving away a box o’goodies to celebrate the Winter Season! No, I won’t tell you what’s in it, but as usual, I give great baskets!

1 winner will win the Winter Holiday Basket
10 winners will each win two random books from my backlist.

To enter, please READ AND FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING RULES! You don’t play by the rules, you won’t be entered.

1. You must be 18 or over and within the US (I don’t need to know what state or exactly how old, but tell me you’re in the US and 18+).
  2. The above picture shows a road curving through the woods, during an icy winter. Snow covers the trees and fence posts, and the road looks iced over. So tell me, if you’re on that road, where are you headed? Where do you think it would lead? To a winter ice skating party? To a cabin in the woods? To a magical land in the realm of ice? Where do you think you’d end up?
  3. Enter by December 31st, midnight PST. Winners will be chosen the first week in January and prizes sent out within 6-8 weeks after that.
Share Button
Winter Contest!
Tagged on:         

67 thoughts on “Winter Contest!

• 12/31/2018 at 10:17 pm

I live in the US & I’m significantly over 18.
    The invitation came yesterday. Right after my life fell apart. I knew he was cheating, catching him was heartbreaking & a relief. I could live in denial no more.
    Now, I had no one to spend new year’s eve with. The invite was beautiful. I decided, I’d attend this ball, I’d been invited to. It was probably reckless. I don’t know who sent it or where I’m going. Almost 10 p.m., I’m following these directions. I find myself on this narrow, curving road. It’s snowing, and cold. I know the road has icy patches. I just wanted to get away from the hurt, the betrayal, my life. I’ve never felt like I was a part of.
    I’m coming up on a sharp curve. The phone rings, it’s him. I’m distracted trying to hang up. I hit the icy patch in the middle of the turn. I lost control of my car. I’m in a spin and I can’t control of the car. I hit the side of the road and the car starts rolling. Air bags are exploding, glass shatters, I hit my head and pass out…

I start coming to. Slowly opening my eyes. I see the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen looking at me. In a moment I take in his dark hair, high cheek bones and eyes that are every color green found in nature. As I start to remember what happened, he touches me gently on my forehead. Heat radiates from his hand to my entire body. I was only just feeling the aches from the accident, suddenly I feel enveloped in this strange healing energy. I lose consciousness again. When i awake again I’m in a room fit for a fairy tale princess. I start to get up and the beautiful man is there again. He smiles and asked how I’m feeling? I ask what happened and where am I?
    “Your Highness, I’m Rowan & you’re finally home.”
    I probably look like a fish, my mouth just opens and closes. I think, I must’ve hit my head really hard. I’m dreaming.
    My dream guy tells me that they sent me the invitation to come home, huh? Rowan sits beside me on the bed, takes my hand and says “We are fae, we’ve been looking for you for a long time. You had to voluntarily come back. By accepting the invitation, you were able to cross the veil and enter our kingdom. The accident was unfortunate.”
    I just look at Rowan?
    “Welcome home! The road you were on led here to Arcadia. We’re blessed you came back. ”
    “Rowan, leave her alone. She’s still reeling from the accident.” The most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen walks into the room and shoos him out of the room. “I’m Etta, I’m here to help you adjust, right now you need to sleep.” Her melodious voice washes over me and once again, I fall asleep….

• 12/31/2018 at 8:12 pm

Over 18 and live in the US!

That road would be leading to a lovely cabin, where I would have the best of both worlds – a lovely, cozy cabin to hide away in, and an enchanted icy forest to go play in when I feel the need to go outside. There might even a be a frozen lake in that forest to go skate on…

• 12/31/2018 at 1:44 pm

I have always wanted to learn how to ride a horse properly, English style. As a Yule gift my husband, Michael, got me lessons at a facility that works with the handicapped. So, we left the city for the frozen Minnesota countryside, where the stable was located. The temperature had dropped lately, and the recent snow that covered everything, had iced over. The clouds hung so low, the weight was oppressive; weighing down the ice covered trees, as if they were bowing to all who made their way on that road. The road curves, causing us to skid on the ice, and when we finally come to a stop, I couldn’t help but stare out my window at the flimsy guard rail standing sentry, the only thing stopping our involuntary descent down the steep slope dropping sharply away from the side of the road.

After ascertaining that each other was uninjured, Michael got out of the car on rather shaky legs, the adrenaline raised by the incident suddenly striking like a lightning bolt. He performed a cursory inspection of the car, making sure there was no obvious damage, or impediments to having the car towed from the spot. Just as Michael was about to get back in the car we both suddenly heard a sound. It was a bell-like sound, a ringing so pure that it was beauty on the edge of pain. It was a calling; we instinctively knew, all the way to the marrow in our bones. The question remained was, who or what was calling, and from where. Unwilling to be separated whilst hunting for the source of the sound, Michael got out my wheelchair and we continued up the road a short distance until rounded the bend and the car was no longer visible. Luckily the road itself was clear, since my wheelchair wasn’t designed for off-road hiking and climbing.

We were absolutely amazed to see two huge all-white deer standing in the center of the road, clearly waiting for someone or something. The bell-like sound came from their hooves striking the frozen pavement of the road. We were transfixed by the sight of these magnificent beings. They tossed their heads with those magnificent antlers as if to say, “Hurry up! Get up on my back, we are running out of time!” All it took was one look between Michael and myself to come to an agreement to go with them. We had barely settled upon their backs, before they took off. Definitely not the riding lesson that I had had in mind. It was a mad dash through a forest that quickly went from the recognizable average winter forest, to the glimpses of magic of snow palaces and crystal spires. When the deer finally stopped, we were greeted by a community elder–who explained that they were in terrible trouble and in urgent need for aid. The veil between their world and ours was closing quickly. Neither of us understood a syllable, beside: “yes, no, the, and, was.” Despite feeling completely clueless, it was clear that these people were in trouble, and for some reason, they thought that we could help. So, we decide that we must help in whatever way we can.

We needed if we’re going to be able help and stand a chance hold the door open long enough to help and get home again. Either way, it’s a chance we must take.

• 12/31/2018 at 1:45 pm

Ooops, the over 18 in the us got eaten, apologizes.

• 12/30/2018 at 9:15 am

Over 18 in the US!
    It would lead to cabin in the woods where I would be meeting my whole family to cook lots of good food, bake cinnamon rolls, drink lots of coffee, and have snowball fights with my husband and make Snowmen with my girls.

• 12/30/2018 at 3:00 am

Way over 18 and live in the states.

As I drive the winding, snowy road my mind drifts. I wonder, will he be there? If he is will he recognize me? It has been so long.
    I was so young the last time we saw each other.
    The road turned again and there was the turn. I drove carefully down the snowy road.
    Up ahead, a shimmering home appears. I stop by the large door and get out of my car.
    Hesitantly, I smooth down my long black dress and started up the stairs.
    The door opened and he stepped out…

• 12/29/2018 at 7:46 pm

Anywhere that will take me away from this sinus infection on top of flu symptoms.

• 12/29/2018 at 3:51 pm

I am definitely over 18 and live in the US… Heading down this road, I would definitely be heading to a magical ice realm… I would love to go and see Cicely and Rhiannon and both of their kingdoms… I have dreamed of going to meet them since reading your Indigo Court Series…And seeing pics like this one always makes me think of Cicely 🙂

• 12/29/2018 at 10:35 am

I’m over 18 and live in Tennessee. I think it would lead to our cabin in the woods. There would be a cozy wraparound porch, so we could sit outside and drink hot beverages and look at the beautiful surroundings. I would love to have a place like that one day.

• 12/27/2018 at 7:35 am

Over 18 and USA resident.
    The road was a familiar one. No matter the weather or season I knew where it went. The ice and snow covered the flaws of the road, scarred by travelers like myself. I have driven this road more then I would like to admit. Yet, the drive to the destination was the only time I could be alone to think.
    I took the corners carefully, feeling my car pull towards the curve as the black ice tried to deceive my traction. One more corner and I would be there. With a calming breath I took the next curve and the cabin appeared before me. The wood was darkened from time and the roof was covered with snow. Two chimneys on opposite ends of the house smoked. I already knew it was occupied. My grandmother would be near the fire, knitting something from memory that her eyes can no longer see. She was a stubborn old woman who did not want to leave her family home. Even though we were different people I enjoyed spending time with her once a week when I could get away to visit. The drive was a good break from the traffic of the city.

• 12/26/2018 at 10:12 pm

I’m 35, in the US.
    The sun is sinking low, as I’m making my drive on this icy road. Watching the like of the hoizon as the sun sinks lower. Wondering if I am ever going to make it to the end…. grandma waits at the end. She’s been gone for 3 years now. But the man at the Inn told me this road would take me to a parking lot. Near this lot is a weathered tree, I will know it’s the right tree, because there will be no snow on its branches…
    Finally I come to the end of this winding road, I almost slid into the ditch three times, but I needed this more then anything in the world right now. Parking, I scan the surrounding area, searching for this tree.
    Then twilight hit, the tree was illuminated by the colors of a winter sunset, it was cold, and starting to snow. As the man said, not a drop of snow on the branches. The path was bone dry. I knew it was it. I walk to the tree, I can feel a warm breeze coming up the path. It was a beautiful relief from the biting cold and burning nose. I could smell blooming flowers, freshly turned dirt. Closing my eyes, listening intently… bird song.. faintly there, just lingering on that warm breeze. I need to go down this path. But my feet won’t move… I know she’s waiting for me.
    Why won’t my feet move?! Why can’t I walk down this path?! I have to! I need to see her, to hear her voice, I need to feel her hug. Such a deep aching need. But I can’t. I’m stuck. Frozen just short of the path. Snow falling around me. Flakes sticking to my hair and lashes. Dusting my shoulders. It’s so cold, but for that warm summerland breeze. I can’t. I can’t move down the path.
    A tear, frozen like a crystal to my cheek, I blow a kiss down the path. I whisper, “I love you grandma, it’s not time, I’m sorry.” I turn to go back to my car. But a voice, behind me, stops me in my tracks. Turning back around, there she is. The light reflecting off of her curly silver hair, her favorite pink dress with the flowing sleeves… she lifts her hand, blows me a kiss, and waves. She nods, I can hear her whisper, carried on the breeze, “oh hunny, I love you, I will be waiting for you until it’s time. See you later baby girl. But live, and let your life be happy. I’m always watching.”
    The crystal tear drops suddenly melt, and fall to the ground, leaving little snowflakes etched into the ground at my feet. Raising my hand to wave, “see you later grandma.” I go back to my car… and I go home.

• 12/26/2018 at 7:31 pm

I’m over 18+ and in the U.S., the road leads to a hidden valley of magical beings who enjoy celebrating the holidays (whether there is one or not). Once you enter the valley a spell comes over you and you don’t feel anger or hostility. You can leave anytime you want, but while you are there you are at peace with yourself and the world. I check into the local inn and join the celebrating! Just me and my 2 kitties Jinx (a black Maine Coon w/ emerald green eyes) and Goldie (a lynx tip orange tabby w/ orange eyes). Magical! 😉

• 12/26/2018 at 4:29 pm

In the US & over 18. My road heads to a castle overlooking a frozen river. The castle is stocked with plenty of cocoa, tea, & books to keep me busy until the snow melts.

• 12/26/2018 at 10:42 am

Over 40 Texan here.

This road leads to a beautiful cabin in the mountains. The back face of the cabin is all large windows for watching the snow and wildlife. There is a huge stone fireplace with a crackling fire close to a big, comfy sofa with a soft blanket. It’s the perfect spot to curl up with a book and a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

• 12/24/2018 at 8:50 am

I am over 18 and in Oklahoma, United States.
    If I was on that road in that weather, I would hope I was on a road trip to visit Emerald, at the Chintz & China shop (and buy some tea). I would hope that my road trip would not be a solitary trip, would not mind traveling companions such as Maddy, Bubba, Sandy & Mr Peabody, Ember & Herne & Viktor, Camille & Iris, Fury and her fellow Theosians.

• 12/23/2018 at 11:18 pm

I’m in the US and am 18+. To answer your question, I believe that beautiful road is taking me to a lovely house on a cliff over looking the sea, surrounded by woods with mountains you can see from the backyard, a peaceful place where I can cozy up by the fire and work on my novel. My dream home, I can even hear the roar of the ocean from my library’s window, and I can see myself watching the snow as it falls, and with a smile on my lips I return to my desk and continue my work.

• 12/23/2018 at 9:44 pm

I’m over 18 and I’m the US
    It’s such a beautiful picture… I love the snow!
    As I drive down this snowy road and watch all the beautiful white landscape go by… I imagine it leading me to the woods. Where I can walk in the peaceful silence and listen to the sound of winter… In the woods I’d encounter so many animals who can sense the magic in the air. It’s absolutely beautiful, peaceful and exactly what my soul needed!

• 12/23/2018 at 8:16 pm

I am in the US and definitely over 18.

I would be headed to Estes Park, CO on that road, to stay in a cabin for a peaceful New Year’s Eve.

• 12/23/2018 at 5:08 pm

I’m in the USA and on the down-slope from 18.
    Only one place that icy road would take me, back home to Tennessee. We were able to retire here from Illinois, and I really DO NOT miss snow and ice. Even love rain if it’s not too cold.
    Happy holidays!

• 12/21/2018 at 1:27 pm

Hello, I’d love to enter, please.

I’m way over the age of 18, I do live in the US 🙂

If I were on this road, it would be taking me to a quiet, secluded cabin in the woods.

Winter is one of my favorite seasons and snow is magical to me so I’d definitely be headed to my cabin to enjoy and delight in the solitude of nature in one of it’s most beautiful settings imaginable.

Once at my cabin. I’d build a nice, roaring fire…there is nothing like the smell of a wood fire. I’d set the kettle on for a cup of hot lemon ginger tea. I’d slip into my leggings, a nice over-sized sweater, and my favorite wool socks.

Once comfy, I’d grab my cup of tea and walk to the window to take in the view of new falling snow…the hush of nature wrapped in a blanket of white. I’d watch the deer make their way through the cedars and I’d smile to watch the squirrels play…the red birds perched on a limb nearby.

I’d eventually refill my tea, throw another log on the fire, grab a book that’s been waiting to be read for far too long and settle in…I’d eat when hungry, sleep when tired, read until my eyes were red and weary and then read some more…paradise.

Thank you for this opportunity. Blessings to you.

~Mel

• 12/22/2018 at 2:14 am

I’m over 18 and live in the USA. I would be alone enjoying natural at it’s best. Listening to the animals and insects humming along with their day as I walk in silence. The wind is still but the air is chill and crisp. Its cold but not too cold to walk so I keep my pace as I walk down the path towards no where specific. I don’t really care where I’m heading just enjoying the winter day as I walk. I keep walking and walking in total silence just breathing in the crisp, cool air totally relaxed.

• 12/21/2018 at 6:00 am

I am over 18 living in the US. I would be heading to my dog because my furbaby is the only reason I would brave that icy road!

• 12/20/2018 at 7:25 pm

I’m over 18 and in the US.
    I head through the icy roads of Louisiana to reach my family in Texas. Braving the dangerous black ice and dangerous roads is always worth it for my family and friends. Having to leave on xmas eve will be tougher but I’m looking forward to my mothers cider, my nieces cuddles and laughs, my brother in law and father discussing the Saints (football if you didn’t know) and my sister’s food and her much needed company.
    Going through major changes right now with starting a new job, having a new house, and being so far away has been trying but being able to see my family will help me get back into balance and not focus on the negatives at the moment.

• 12/20/2018 at 6:00 pm

U.S. resident, few decades over 18 years. This road is nearing the end of a journey to a place that calls me to say Home. I don’t know where it will lead, but it will be Home.

• 12/20/2018 at 1:06 pm

Hi i am from usa i am 34 yrs
    I would have to say I’d be going home to vist my mom in the mountains

• 12/20/2018 at 10:13 am

I am over 18…just celebrated my 48th birthday two weeks ago! I still feel as if I am 21 in my mind but my body is kind enough to remind me I am older than dirt!
    I am on that snowy icy road trying to escape the sadness that seems to follow me during the holidays. I have my trusted Boston Terriers loaded up with me as we head for a quite cabin in the woods so we can hunker down during these emotional times for me. As we travel the icy stretch of road I begin to feel a presence with me. It seems to be calling to my battered heart as we steadily make our way to our destination. Pulling into the drive of a cozy cabin nestled in the snow covered trees I breath a sigh of relief as we unload ourselves and my playful trio of pups race in the snow, leaping and letting out playful barks. As sense of peace washes over me as I embrace my surroundings. Snow coats every thing as big fat flakes fall from the sky, swirling around me like glitter. I spy two tall pines that appear to have a shimmering light coming from the middle of them. As I step closer my Boston’s flank me like a personal guard, the shimmering becomes a portal beckoning us to enter. We step through and find ourselves in a magical land containing a winter wonderland. A beautiful white stag waits for us by a bubbling brook, he bows his massive silver antlers towards us in greeting as other woodland animals join him. They all are white with shimmering silver that marks them. A raccoon sports a silver mask instead of the usual black one, a snowy white owl hoots a greeting to my pups, and a gorgeous silver fox races over to play with them. The wind doesn’t just blow, it tinkles a magical tune as it flows through the trees as a herd of white horses clear the trees. They are so beautiful it takes my breath away. A voice whispers on the wind, “Follow us to a place we prepared for you. Welcome home darling one. We have waited so long for you to join us.” I follow the horses up a winding path that leads to a cliff where a table has a feast waiting for me. My heart still aches. I am broken. I have been used and mistreated for so long I simply cannot accept this bountiful gift that was so carefully prepared with me in mind. As I bow my hand to give thanks for the table of treats and treasures, my pups surround me and I find the words to speak for their comfort in the snow. “I wish for you scamps to have a bed with soft blankets, in which you all cuddle in perfectly, with warm food to fill your bellies.” As I speak the words, my wish manifests which takes me a bit by surprise. A voice calls back over the wind. “Wish your hearts desire precious one. I am anxious to fill your empty heart.” My eyes widen and my heart beats faster. “I wish to be loved, cherished, and protected. To never know a cruel hand or a destructive word. To find true friends and a man as strong as an oak tree never bending in the storm. To be a savior to those who need a champion who is fearless in the face of evil.” My words take hold on the wind as the snow swirls around us, white out ensues and when the snow finally settles the table has new guests. A lovely woman with long burnished hair to her waist sits happily to my right, her smile full of friendship as she clasps my hand in hers. Next to her another woman of Native American descent, her coal black hair and whiskey eyes twinkling with mischief. I hear a rumbling chuckle to my left and as I turn my head I see the most gorgeous man I have ever laid my eyes on. He is tall and broad, his black hair shimmers with the snowflakes that have kissed it, his lips are full and look as if he has just bitten into a strawberry and when I look in those deep midnight blue eyes I no longer feel the ache in my heart. He kisses my hand and the three of them say, “Welcome home. Welcome the the land of Winter where wonderful magic awaits you!”

• 12/20/2018 at 6:46 am

In the US and way over 18 lol.
    That road looks like ours when it snows. If it could take me anywhere it would be to a huge log home with large windows where my family and i could be disconnected from reality for awhile. Somewhere near a lake that has frozen over with deer wandering around. Somewhere we could sit in front of an amazing fireplace and just watch the snow fall while curled up on a fluffy couch with a blanket and a good book. If it was magical it would take me there and bring back my dad so we could spend one more Christmas with him. He would have loved something like that.

• 12/20/2018 at 5:47 am

I am over 18 and in the US. I would be heading to a cabin in the mountains.

• 12/20/2018 at 5:40 am

I am 18+ and in the US.
    I would like to think that is the road to my parents house. I have not spent a holiday with them in over 18 yrs.

• 12/20/2018 at 5:34 am

I’m 18+ and in the US.

That road would take me 2 places. To my grandparents house in the mountains for peace, solitude and family. But it would also lead me to a magical realm of icy winter wonder and Yule cheer.

• 12/19/2018 at 6:02 pm

I’m 18+ and live in the U.S. 🙂
    I see the road taking my little family (my husband and daughter), to a magical winter wonderland. Our daughter has been asking to go to the North Pole. So that road would lead us there to have a grand Yule time. I can feel the flames of the bonfire, and the smell of wassail is heavy in the air.
    We go and learn how to ice skate. We fall down and laugh. We walk around the workshops and test out the toys and eat cookies and confections until we cant take anymore. Life is great.

• 12/19/2018 at 1:55 pm

In the Us and over 18.
    In my mind that road leads to home. Not necessarily the home of my youth , filled with people who have largely ignored or mistreated me all my life , but the home of my dreams. Where family is not just a 6 letter word but a gathering of souls who always have their arms and hearts open. Where holiday gatherings are filled with laughter and love and no one needs to hide in a room to escape toxic relatives.

• 12/19/2018 at 9:13 am

I’m in the US and 18+20 lol. That road takes me to my Grandparents house back when Christmas was a real thing and family actually gathered. It’s sad sometimes that all those traditions stopped but it’s been fun finding new ones

• 12/19/2018 at 8:42 am

I am 54 & live in the US. I am going to meet friends to celebrate Yule & the solstice at my great aunt’s farm.

• 12/19/2018 at 8:16 am

I am 55 and live in the US.

This road leads me to change and new beginnings. It’s a time in my life to close out the chaos and embrace the world around me. Life has been rough these past few years with a illness with no cure. Time to accept and enjoy the beauty that is still around me. And this road leads to happiness and comfort of a loving family and friends.

• 12/19/2018 at 5:32 am

I’m 46, a U.S. resident (for now), and a longtime fan. I see the road, going through Scotland’s highland towns. It leads to the little pub that has THE best fish & chips and Shepard’s pie, I’ve ever eaten. Waiting there, will be the woman I married. We’ll trade the car for horses, and ride up into the mountains, to get lost in a fairytale we will write together

• 12/18/2018 at 8:28 pm

Hi I’m way over 18 and in the US. I see in that beautiful picture my road southwest to Az after a visit to New Hampshire to see my son.

• 12/18/2018 at 5:54 pm

I am over 18 and live in the US. I believe the road would lead me and my husband to a fabulous cabin in the woods. We both need a relaxing weekend and that would be perfect.

• 12/18/2018 at 5:22 pm

I’m over 18 and live in the US.
    This is pretty much what it looks like in my own neck of the woods. So, this road leads me down a dirt road that rounds the corner and on the right hand side sits a huge barn and a house with a red roof. There is a beautiful brook that runs along the side of the house down the bank alittle. So on a cold night all you can here are the trees snapping and the Brook very gently babbling. On really cold night everything is so crisp when the coyotes start howling it echo’s acrossed the mountains. When you enter the house you are greeted with the warmth from the wood fire.

This is truly my house, but I also live in Upstate NY in the Adirondacks Mountains.

Seasons Greetings from my home to yours!

• 12/18/2018 at 4:53 pm

In the US and over 18….

For me, most roads lead home. To my husband and kitties. They are the most important people/beings in my life. However this is fantasy. So I will imagine a lovely get together with loved ones at the end of this road. Where the food and drink are plentiful and everyone is safe to be themselves. Blessed Yule

• 12/18/2018 at 4:43 pm

I’m waaay over 18 years of age.
    My daughter, myself and my 2 grand boys are traveling to a grand adventure. We had never been anywhere without our husbands before so we were excited but nervous. My daughter was driving the hummer( I have a lead foot and don’t see as well at night). The icy snow hanging from the trees looked so beautiful as we past. The car radio was turned to Christmas music and played softly in the background. The roads were in good condition despite some lingering ice patches: so we were taking our time. The boys were so excited and kept asking us where we were going, and were we there yet. What they didn’t know was we were on the way to their favorite vacation spot (Myrtle Beach) and were going to stay for a week. We made reservations at our favorite hotel with indoor pools, water park and arcade. Hopefully, it will be a great end to a most horrible year.

• 12/18/2018 at 3:27 pm

I am 18+ & in the US. I am going to a secluded cabin the the mountains with my husband for a weekend getaway.

• 12/18/2018 at 3:22 pm

I am over the age of 18 and live in the US. That road reminds me of traveling to my Mamaw’s house for christmas like we used to do, so I would be traveling there. If the roads were iced over we had to go the back way, though you still had to make it a couple miles on a iced gravel road through the woods to get to her house. It was worth it just to get a big hug from her and spend the holidays talking and eating with her and the rest of the family. Such great memories. Happy Holidays!

• 12/18/2018 at 2:50 pm

I am in the over 18 and In the US. I want the road to lead to another dimesion. There would be cabin filled with all the loved ones I miss so much, surrounding a large Christmas tree drinking egg nog and waiting for me. My mom and grandparents would give me the biggest smile and hug when they see me. That would be the greatest gift for Christmas to talk with and hold them just one more time, even though it is a fantasy.

• 12/18/2018 at 2:40 pm

I am well over 18 and live in the US.
    The road ( for me ) would lead to a narrower dirt road in rural Maine in the middle of nowhere. There, snowmobiles would await to take me to good friends’ cabin that is lakefront. The cabin sleeps 12, so my hubby, brother, and some friends will be there, too. No Wi-Fi, No TV, No Phones.
    We would eat, be merry, read, and play games, by the cast iron wood stove . Simple .
    Enjoying Nature and walking through the woods at my happy place? Divine !
    Winter is my favorite time of year .

• 12/18/2018 at 1:52 pm

I am over 18 and live in the US.

The road is taking me to a warm cozy cabin in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee after a wonderful magical trail ride on a horse as the snow fell. A hot tub would be awaiting me at the cabin with a beautiful peaceful view of the mountains. The time away for my husband and myself would be a very late honeymoon.

• 12/18/2018 at 1:47 pm

I’m probably headed upstate to my son’s vacation home. It’s insulated for year round use. He’s in the West Shokan area and is across the road from the Ashokan Reservoir which feeds water to NYC.

• 12/18/2018 at 1:27 pm

I’m in the US and DEFINITELY over 18. The road is leading to my favorite hot spring in the foothills of Colorado. It’s an old two story motel and you want to make sure you close and latch the screen to the second floor porch (to discourage the bears). The main room has a huge tv screen and lots of movies to watch if it’s snowing too much to go out to the springs, though most people will go out anyway since the springs are various temperatures from fairly hot to “OMG”. It’s well kept and since it’s not fancy, the type of people who come are our sort of people. There is also an extensive library and I intend to take some of Yasmine’s books to add in.

• 12/18/2018 at 1:10 pm

In the US and over 18. I would be driving this road to a house in the Pocono mountains for a week long vacation with my kids and grandkids. My sisters and their families would come for the weekend and we would have a massive snowball fight with all 22 of us. All of our dogs (5) would be chasing snowballs because they are goofy like that. We would sit in the living room afterward with a fire and lots of hot chocolate.

• 12/18/2018 at 1:02 pm

I’m over 18 and in the US.

We don’t have snow like that where I live now, so I think I’d be travelling to a snow area where I can let the dogs run and play in the snow for a bit. We did that once when we lived in Las Vegas, and the poor boy stepped on a cactus under the snow. His feet were so cold that he didn’t fee the needles, though. They do love to run and play in the snow, and I think they feel young again. 🙂

• 12/18/2018 at 12:56 pm

I am 18+ & in the USA.
    In reality I’ve driven that road, or one very like it, in Germany. It either led to our quarters on Idar Oberstein Army post, or to where my husband was stationed, 16 miles away at Baumholder.

In fantasy, it leads to a Christmas/Solstice holiday of our dreams with trees decked in lights, a roaring fireplace, and lots of snuggly blankets.

• 12/18/2018 at 12:30 pm

I am over. 18 and live in the USA

IT’S A BEAUTIFUL SETTING I THINK IT LEADS TO A GORHEOIS WINTER CABIN WITH A STREAM RUNNING ALONG SIDE IT!

• 12/18/2018 at 12:23 pm

I am over 18 & live in the US. This looks like the roads where I grew up so I’m in a car with my Mom & we are headed home after going shopping.

• 12/18/2018 at 12:20 pm

I’m over 18 live in the USA
    looks like driving home to my nice warm cabin , where a fire is banked and there’s my girls and pack waiting on me to cuddle in front of the fire and eat s’mores,drink hot coco as dinner cooks on the wood burning stove

• 12/18/2018 at 12:18 pm

Oh, i am back in Juneau, headed ‘out the road’ to go to the Shrine of St. Therese. (https://www.shrineofsainttherese.org/).

It was one of my favorite places to go walking when i was a little girl. Although i wasn’t raised Roman Catholic, i loved to walk through the woods along the stations of the cross. Then i’d go into the Shrine itself, usually empty, to light a candle and sing – i love to sing in sacred places.

My parents are gone now, so i’ll be out the road all by myself. The parking lot will be empty on such a day – probably not even plowed. i’ll walk to the end of peninsula, the winds blowing across the narrowest part of the path with water beating against the rocks on either side, until i reach the wooded promontory where the Shrine itself is protected from icy winter winds and piercing spindrift. The snow is more frozen here, from the spray blown up from the waters surrounding, so my feet crunch through the top crust of the snowfall into the softer snow beneath. This time i will walk straight to the Shrine, not examining each stop of the Stations as i travel beneath the snow laden branches that arch overhead. Even inside the thick stone of the building, i can see my breath in the colored light streaming through the stained glass windows. i genuflect – in honor of those whose faith is housed within this building rather than as an expression of my own Path. i go to the rack of candles in colored glass holders on the side and slip some money into the offering box and light a candle with the long wooden matches they have. i say a prayer to the Roman Catholic God for my late grandmother, Josephine, who was Catholic and who left this earth the Spring of my fifteenth year. And i add a prayer to the older Gods who lived on this land and in the Lands throughout the world for my Mother and Father – who were both with me the last time i visited the Shrine when i was 15 (almost 35 years ago now), before we moved from Alaska to the Lower 48, which i still call home. i find my voice – my heart calls out to sing Veni Veni Emmanuel – the Latin echoing over the altar and pews and icons and i imagine myself outside of Time, somehow existing Now, singing alone, and Then, when my voice would join with others when Latin was the only language spoken in Service within these hallowed halls. As the last refrain – entreating us to Gaude!, to Rejoice!, fades in the once again empty Shrine, i turn to leave and i could swear i hear a whispered “Pax tecum” caress my back as the doors close behind me.

*and yes, i am over 18 and live in the US, if the above wasn’t enough 🙂 *

• 12/18/2018 at 12:06 pm

18+ & within the U.S.

I’m traveling to my aunt an Uncle’s house to spend their Christmas holiday with them, my parents & other aunts and uncles as well as family friends. (It’s pretty much a few families, and some extended, in one)
    When we get there we have cocktails (usually a melon ball, my uncle J makes the best to me) and appetizers.
    Play with my cousin Johnny’s French bulldogs Olive and Beezley. I think Beezley thinks she’s more an English bulldog as toys do not last long. I even try a Hockey puck, and at least that was more durable, but she still some how got pieces of rubber off of it all over where she was playing.
    We play a couple games, one is Who am I which they put a post it on your back and You have to ask questions like, Am I alive, Am I a cartoon, a President etc. (Mine is Garfield) We also play (in our own way) Win lose or Draw, which I enjoy more.(we don’t use the board, as there are too many people, We just play as teams and draw cards) My team won last year. I’m not the best at drawing but somehow I am pretty good when it comes to the game. My team got all but one of my drawings ( thata one was the Grateful dead, I tried drawing the different colored bears and All anyone thought of as their logo was Skeletons.
    My Uncle J usually gives me my favorite tri color (‘traffic light’) cookies each year since I was little, and my aunt Mary usually brings her gifts for us. From her I usually get some sort of craft item, for instance, last year was a knitting loom you could make legwarmers, hats and scarves with.
    sadly mom is sick so only my dad and I have gone, and this is truly a White Christmas as it’s a blizzard. So we leave a bit earlier than we normally do and what should have normally taken 1 1/2 hours, has taken at least 3 (if not more) hours to get home. We were the only ones able to get through the snow I guess everyone puts too much faith in ‘All weather’ . One of the turns close to home, we are stuck in a line of those who don’t have snow tires, and one person in a Jeep hops the curb a and drives over the corner of the sidewalk to get where they need to go. Just as I say “Where’s the cop” would you believe one seemed to come out of no where as if I conjured it up?!?!?

If it wasn’t a great holiday before, that alone made it awesome!

• 12/18/2018 at 11:48 am

I am over 18 and I live in the US. That road looks like it would lead to the Fae Winter Court. I would be going to visit some of my favorite Fae friends.

• 12/18/2018 at 11:42 am

I’m over 18 and in the USA and I’m on that road with my fiancé headed to get my daughter back. We’re gonna go to the foster home she’s been staying at to pick her up and go to a cabin near by at my favorite lake where I spent a lot of time there in my life to spend our 1st Yule together as a family. To create new memories while still holding on to some old traditions like signing carols, snow ball fights and making snow angels.

• 12/18/2018 at 11:35 am

It actually looks like a road we drove growing up going to our uncles house. So if we going there and it like that the only reason we would be driving is because it is Christmas time and we would be going for either a Christmas visit or there would be a get together with all of my Dad’s family!

• 12/18/2018 at 11:06 am

I would most likely be heading to my cousin’s house in the mountains of Colorado. She lives in a cabin close to a ski resort. We would be going skiing. I am over 18 and a U.S. citizen.

• 12/18/2018 at 10:57 am

I’m over 18 and I live in the US.

This photo reminds me of when I lived in Alaska as a child (and briefly in college) and I can’t help but feel like if I travelled down this road, I would be looking for magic. I am also a pagan and witch and one of the things that led me down that path was memories of my time in Alaska that I firmly believed were proof of magic. Because of them I feel a strong connection to winter and often like to wander the snowy wilderness for magical inspiration. This road looks like a great place to look for that.

• 12/18/2018 at 10:13 am

I am over 18
    I’m in the US
    That very beautiful but deadly icy road most definitely leads to the Winter Ice Realm.
    We need to get to the Queen to pass on a message from the Autumn Lord of a pending war with the Vampire nation!
    The Queen of Winter is the only one that can reason with the arrogant Prince of Vamps.

• 12/18/2018 at 10:01 am

With my luck I would be responding to a wreck in the ambulance to treat injuries. I am well over 18 and I live in the US

• 12/18/2018 at 9:14 am

I am over 18 and live in the U.S. I am heading to my favorite ski resort in my original home state of Ohio to ski or snowboard with my daughter and boyfriend then to a magical cabin where we all snuggle and enjoy a peaceful Christmas.

• 12/18/2018 at 8:19 am

Our destination would be the Fae Winter Court to visit some of my Fae friends and then a cabin in the woods somewhere near there for winter fun and cocoa. There would be snowball fights and snow forts, a roaring fire in the fireplace, a awesome Yule tree, and lots love. Hopefully, I see Herne or Cernunnos or at least a giant stag running through through the woods, love watching the stags run, maybe howl back at wolf. As long as everyone remembers NOT to wish for a hippopotamus, I think we’ll be good. 🙂
    P.S. I’m happy just sharing my imagination with you

• 12/18/2018 at 8:15 am

If I were on that snowy road I’d be headed to a secluded lodge in the mountains. Somewhere I can curl up with my husband in front of the fireplace and just watch the snow fall. A nice winter vacation to just relax and shut the world out.

• 12/18/2018 at 8:06 am

I am over 18 and live in the USA

I would be going to a snowy cabin in the woods with my honey where we would play in the snow, have cuddle time in front of a fire and decompress with no wifi and the world interrupting us for a magical weekend.

Comments are closed.