Hey peeps! Please read thoroughly!
I have some news that’s going to make some of you very happy. But first I wanted to let you know that Weaver’s Web is coming out on time, on July 12. So if you want to get it that day be sure to preorder it so it downloads onto your Kindle or other E-reader.
So for my news — I was going to announce this in the beginning of August, but I decided to give you a longer heads up for several reasons.
As of September 1st, I will be going almost all in into Kindle Unlimited. I have never before done this, so it’s going to be an experiment. I did put a few books into KU a couple years ago, but I did not do it the right way and it was an abysmal failure because I didn’t take into account a number of things. But I need to try this because right now my backlist is not earning its keep.
The way this is going to work is thus:
- On September 1st, 2022, I will be putting all books except those mentioned below into KU.
- When I put a book out for preorder, it will be available to preorder on all vendors — Nook, Kobo, Kindle, Apple, and Google play. You will still be able to buy the book wide. However, one week after release, it will come down from the different vendors except for Amazon, and will go into Kindle Unlimited. This will begin with Crystal Web. Therefore you will have the complete time it’s on preorder to order it if you read on a different type of e-reader. I will announce preorders the moment they go up, so you will have at least a month or two at the minimum to order the book.
- This will offer all the Kindle Unlimited readers who cannot afford to buy books a chance to read my books, as well as all my readers who are on different e-reading platforms.
- I cannot promise how long I will stay in KU, although it will have to be three months at least. I want to see if this enhances my income, and if it works, I will continue to do this for a while.
- The books will still be available in trade size paperback from Amazon. So you will still be able to get them in print.
- I urge people who are in KU, but if you want to re-read my books and you already own them, perhaps think of taking them out from KU? That would help me immensely to have you re-read them through the program.
- I know this question will come up as to whether it’s better to buy the books, or read them through KU. Honestly, I do make more from selling a book, however if you do not have the money to buy a book and you are in KU, I’m thrilled that you’ll be able to read them and I hope that you will, and it will benefit both of us.
- Another matter: I will not be putting the last three Otherworld books in KU, nor will I be putting the Whisper Hollow books into KU. This has to do with my battle over getting my rights back to the rest of my Otherworld books, and to the fact that at this time I do not have the right to sell or offer my books in any of the United Kingdom’s territories due to a rights issue. The rest of my books will be available in KU.
I am excited about this journey, and I am hopeful that it will turn out for the best all the way around. I urge you to sign up for my newsletter so that you know when a book goes on to preorder. And I will send out a newsletter when each new book goes into Kindle Unlimited.
I am leaving comments open, but anyone complaining or whining will be deleted. If you have a legitimate question, please feel free to ask.