Good morning! Do you all have your coffee or whatever you drink in the morning? I tell you, yesterday I almost made a really stupid move. Every morning I drink a protein shake with a bunch of supplements in it to help my histamine intolerance. Well, I must have really needed my coffee because I almost poured my protein powder and supplements into my latte. That would have been a real mess. Luckily, I managed to stop just in time to avoid having to remake everything.
Anyway, I have my latte today and I’m set and ready to go.
So today I start writing FURY’S MANTLE! I’m really excited because I feel so much more secure in myself than when I first started the series. FURY RISING was my first indie novel, although I had done some short pieces before that. I was in a very frightened and nervous state back then, worrying about how my career would go and whether I could manage to survive as an indie author.
Now, as I begin my fifteenth (can you believe it?) full length in the novel in the past two years (and that’s not counting novellas), I can honestly say that I am secure and comfortable with my work in a way that’s spurring on my creativity!
And I’m really excited to revisit Fury’s world.
I was working on my series bible for the Fury Unbound series this weekend, and it reignited my excitement about the series. This new story arc that I’m beginning is going to be an exciting one, and I’m really looking forward to seeing where it takes Fury and her friends. A few things I can tell you about the coming story arc without giving away spoilers:
- The book begins eight years after Tam and Fury get married, about five years after the end epilogue in FURY CALLING.
- The story arc will not be focusing on the Order of the Black Mist, considering how everything shifted at the end of FURY CALLING.
- I’m going to be diving deeper into some of the side characters as I go along with the story arc.
And lastly: to answer that age-old question of why you should read my Fury Unbound series:
- A very hot Fae Prince.
- Lots of action and adventure.
- FURY has a tattoo of a flaming whip on her leg that comes off for a weapon.
- Like all my series, I focus on an ensemble cast of characters who support each other and come together as friends and family.
- Because, you get to see Thor up close and personal! And Hecate today, the goddess of magic and the Crossroads, is one hell of a fun goddess for Fury to be bound to.
So that’s it for today. Stay tuned for the usual this week, excerpts and on Friday I’m blogging about Magical Tools, (Part 2), and of course what would Saturday be without Caturday?
Take care and have a wonderful week!