So, just a few thoughts. I see that infection rates are going up again, and most thoughts (the non-delusional ones) are that we’re getting ready to soar with a second wave. We’re a week or two behind Europe, the thought is, and they’re starting to soar in case numbers again. And it’s October–mid October already, and omg, yesterday it was March…and a gazillion years ago it was March, and we were just facing the beginnings of lockdown.
We’re still in Phase 2 of reopening here in WA…and I doubt we’ll see Phase 3 before spring. While I fully agree with this
decision–there’s simply no way to fully reopen without sending infection and death rates soaring–I realized this month that I’m tired. Like so many of you, I’m just tired. I have friends (and family) who have been severely impacted with Covid. I know my chances if I got it wouldn’t be good, given my lungs are weaker and I’m immunocompromised. I loathe the antimaskers because they callously put others in danger with no regard for anybody but themselves. I loathe the government’s lack of response. I am so angry about all of this that it’s impacted my health, and my strength. I’m tired. I’m just tired. But I’m trying to find some peace of mind because we’re heading in for another round with this virus, which is a cold-blooded killer.
So what am I doing? I realized that my Autumn Movie Binge each October just isn’t doing it this year. I watched a few, but most are too suspenseful and my MCAS is triggering much easier because of stress. And some of those movies, yes, I love but they’re suspenseful to a nerve-wracking degree.
- So I’m watching the ones that are more fun and less freakshow, and I’m bingewatching comfort shows.
- I’m writing fun books. I can’t write super dark right now–I just can’t. I need something refreshing.
- I’m playing low-stress fun games.
- I’m letting myself sleep in more–I, like others, am needing more sleep so I’m trying to get it without feeling guilty.
- I’m trying to eat better (for me), and doing what I can to shake sugar totally though I’m getting there in small steps.
- I’m intermittent fasting which seems to work well for me.
- I’m maintaining contact with good friends, and Sam and I are trying to make sure that we give each other space.
- We’re zooming with friends every couple weeks.
- I’m minimizing my exposure to news, I voted but am trying to avoid politics and other trigger subjects.
- I’m giving myself free rein on decorating and makeup and other fun stuff.
- And of course, we’re wearing masks and being careful.
So…I think I’ll end up watching a bunch of Hallmark holiday movies that I never usually watch, just because.
What about you? What are you doing to deal with the fatigue that’s come hand-in-hand with a worldwide history-making pandemic?
If you enjoyed this blog and would like to help support it, or just want to buy me a cup of coffee, click on the link below to donate.