Today’s excerpt comes from A SACRED MAGIC.

Buy links:

US: KINDLE | NOOK | iBOOKS | KOBO | PRINT

UK: KINDLE |PRINT

GERMANY: KINDLE | PRINT

CANADA: KINDLE | PRINT

FRANCE: KINDLE | PRINT

AUSTRALIA: KINDLE

A Sacred Magic coverExcerpt:

The next morning, I could barely pry my eyes open. I groaned, trying to sit up, and realized that I was sprawled on the floor in the living room, still in my clothes. But I wasn’t the only one. Raven was snoring, pretzeled in the overstuffed armchair, and Angel was stretched out on the sofa, a thin line of spittle trickling down her chin. There was a smell of stale…something…in the air. It smelled like stale booze, I thought. As I rolled up to a sitting position, I squinted as a beam of light splashed through the window, striking me. The morning had broken with clear sky and the sunlight instantly gave me a headache.

Grunting, I managed to push myself up to where I was propped against the side of the sofa. Mr. Rumblebutt came meandering into the living room and he paused, staring at me with a scathing look as he let out an earsplitting meow.

I glanced at the clock. It was eleven a.m., well past his breakfast time. At that moment, my phone rang. It was on the coffee table. I crawled over to it, surprised that neither Angel nor Raven had woken up yet. As I slid the phone off the table, glancing at the caller ID, I saw that it was Herne and everything came flooding back to me.

Crap! It was Monday, and Angel and I were late for work. I quickly brought the phone to my ear.

“Hello?” My throat felt like I had chewed on gravel all evening, and my voice reflected it.

“Where the hell are you and Angel? I was just about ready to come looking for you.” Herne sounded pissed.

“I’m sitting on my living room floor. Angel and Raven and I apparently decided to have a party last night. I just woke up, and they’re still asleep.” The room started to spin, and I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. I wanted nothing more than to sleep it off.

Share Button
Excerpt: A SACRED MAGIC
Tagged on:         

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.